28 February 2011

Weirdness Goggles

I’ve decided that I want to develop a conscious bias for weird things that happen to me.

Today, while waiting for the light to change so I could cross the street, a man stopped to stand next to me. He was holding a hand towel to his face in lieu of a scarf, which I thought was weird… and then he started talking to me.

“Excuse me… is that light red or green?” he asked in English (I live in a non-English speaking country.)

“It’s green.” I just chalked it up to him being a tourist and maybe being colorblind.

Then a woman walked past us with her Rottweiler/Labrador mix in tow. The man just stared at them until they were a good distance from us, then turned to me and said “That dog is dangerous!!!”

“Nah,” I said, having just spent a weekend with a dog-lover. “It depends on the owner.”

“No! It is dangerous! That dog should not be here!” He then started inching away, glaring suspiciously at me and glancing nervously at the direction the dog had gone to.

Maybe I should make a giant speech bubble out of cardboard. Inside it I shall paint the first thought that almost always comes to mind when this type of thing happens:

“…”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep.

Spammers will be tracked down and prosecuted.
If the authoress happens to dislike your face, you may be hunted down anyway.